Traffic Ticket Basics
- Traffic Ticket Basics
An overview of infractions that often result in traffic tickets. Learn about strict liability offenses, the differences between moving violations and non-moving violations, how traffic tickets are processed, and more.
- Traffic Tickets: Misdemeanor & Felony Charges
While most traffic tickets are issued for minor offenses called “infractions,” certain more serious offenses are classified as “misdemeanors” or even “felonies.” Learn about misdemeanor and felony traffic offenses.
- Traffic Ticket FAQ
Common questions about traffic tickets. Find answers to your questions about paying a speeding ticket, how LIDAR speed guns work, the consequences of driving on a suspended license, and related issues.
- How to Avoid a Traffic Ticket
While the most effective way to avoid a traffic ticket is to drive according to the law, sometimes law abiding drivers receive tickets. This article offers a number of tips to help you avoid traffic tickets.
- Traffic Ticket Point System
Each state has a point system assigning a point value to each type of traffic offenses. Too many points often results in license suspension. Learn about the types of violations that result in two, three, four, and six points.
- State-Specific Point Systems
A collection of links to information on the “points” systems used in various states. Find your state’s point system to learn about the different classes of traffic violations and how points are assigned for each.
- Are Speed Traps Legal?
- Avoiding Traffic Tickets and Staying in Line with the Law
- Driving Safety
- Misdemeanor & Felony Traffic Offenses
- Quiz: Should I Be Driving?
- Safe Driving: The Do's and Don'ts
- Speeding and Red Light Camera Tickets
- State License Points Systems
- State Traffic Camera Restrictions
- The Traffic Ticket "Points" System
- Traffic Accident Liability: FAQs
- Traffic Tickets - Basics
- Traffic Tickets FAQ
- What Kind of Information is Included on a Traffic Ticket?